Registering an organisation
A number of different organisations can register with NAIT.
- Information providers contracted by persons in charge of animals (PICAs) or their delegates to act on their behalf
- Organisations or entities that trade or process NAIT animals
- Stock agents at sale yard
- Meat processors
- Other organisations such as:
- Large farms
- NAIT device manufacturers, importers and suppliers
- Industry bodies
Organisations can be accredited or non-accredited. Visit apply for accreditation for more information.
Do I need to register my organisation?
Organisations seeking NAIT accreditation are required to register with NAIT. Organisations that are not NAIT accredited can choose to register with NAIT, but are not obliged to register.
A key benefit of registering is that your organisation can have an administrator who can set up and maintain information about people in charge of animals on behalf of the organisation.
An organisation administrator can:
- Set up and maintain information about persons in charge of animals who work for an organisation on that organisation’s behalf
- Assign delegates for persons in charge of animals at the organisation they are an administrator for
- Maintain information about their organisation
How to register
Organisations can only be registered in the NAIT system by the NAIT contact centre. You can phone the NAIT contact centre on 0800 624 843. The NAIT contact centre will also create the role of organisation administrator to act on behalf of your organisation.
As part of the registration process NAIT is required to record information about each organisation. This includes:
- Basic information such as contact details including names and contact details of people within the organisation.
- Accreditation details such as whether the organisation is accredited or not, date of accreditation and the date accreditation will expire