How to create a NAIT number
If you have registered with NAIT, please log on to your account from the welcome page of the NAIT system using the user name and password that were created during the registration process. On the ‘Home’ page of your account you will see a link to the ‘Register a NAIT number’ page.
If you have not registered with NAIT, go to the NAIT system and click on the 'create account' button. You will be stepped through the registration process and taken to the 'Register a new NAIT Number' page. FInd out more about registering with NAIT.
Click on the 'Register a new NAIT Number' or the 'Apply' link.
Search for your farm
- Enter the following information:
- your address into the address search box
- additional information such as your AHB herd number, participant code,
dairy supply number, NAIT number, FarmsOnLine farm id, or your
- Click on the search button next to the box that you entered the information into.
- Farms that match the search items that you have entered will be displayed. If your farm covers all or part of the land represented by the FarmsOnLine farm ID that appears please click the 'Enter farm details' link and enter the details as required.
If there are no results from the search please refer to what happens if I can't find my farm?
- Find the farm that you want to link to the NAIT number you are creating.
- Click on the 'Add this farm' link to add the farm to your NAIT number.
When the farm has been added the screen will be updated with the details selected. If you wish to view details of the farm click on the 'View full farm details' link.
Clicking on the 'Remove' link will remove this farm from your NAIT number.
- Click on the 'Continue' button.
- A screen to enter further details about the farm selected is displayed.
- Enter details as requested. Please note you will need to provide your dairy participant code or AHB herd number for NAIT tags you have purchased to be linked to your NAIT number. This will make it easier for you to register animals and record movements in the NAIT system.
- Select the location type. Once this is selected the details required relevant to the location type selected will be displayed.
- Once the details have been entered click on the 'Continue' button.The NAIT number home page showing a summary of details for the NAIT number that you have created will be displayed. In this example NAIT Number '3476'.
You can now perform NAIT transactions using this NAIT Number. This includes:
- Registering animals to this NAIT number
- Creating animal movement records to or from this NAIT number
- Assigning a delegate to this NAIT number
Creating another NAIT number
If you wish to create another NAIT number click on the 'Home' link. You will be taken to your personal home page where you can select 'Register a new NAIT number' and create a new NAIT number.
- Click on the 'Click here' link next to the question. If you have trouble finding your farm you can enter your farm details manually.
- A form will be displayed for you to enter as many details of your farm as possible. These details will be linked to your NAIT number.
- NAIT will follow up with FarmsOnLine to obtain the correct FarmsOnLine farm details and update your NAIT number details.
Deregistering a NAIT number
It is possible to deregister a NAIT number if it is no longer required. This may be for reasons such as you no longer are a person in charge of animals.
To deregister a NAIT number:
- Logon to the NAIT system. You will be directed to your personal home page
- Click on the NAIT number that you want to deregister
- Answer 'Yes' to the question 'Are you sure you want to remove the NAIT Number?'
You will be returned to your personal home page and the NAIT number that you deregistered will be removed form the home page.
Note: If you have animals registered against the NAIT number when you deregister the NAIT number you will need to move the animals from the deregistered NAIT number.