Benefits of radio frequency identification device (RFID) technology
You can gain many on-farm benefits from using radio frequency identification device (RFID) technology.
- automated drafting of animals meeting pre-defined conditions
- accurate recording of production details about individual animals, such as using this data to support management decisions, including:
- regularly weighing animals to sell at optimum individual weight
- tracking treatments
- recording breeding information
- measuring milk production
To gain these on-farm benefits, you will need a further investment in RFID technology, over and above NAIT-approved RFID ear tags. Such further investment, however, is not mandatory under the NAIT scheme.